Sunday 26 October 2014

Guangzhou Budget Trip Day 2

For Day 1, click here.

Day 2

Last night we couldn't decide where to head and just this morning we thought of buying fabric for those back home. Netizens said Zhongda is a place for fabric hunt but tough luck we wasted 1 day there. Will tell you later.

I suggested to hubby to stop by at a huge cathedral we stumbled yesterday when we were walking down the Lide Lu or Lide Street. We were wondering why tourists were taking photos and as we look up, suddenly there was a cathedral smacked right at the centre of the city. Took us by surprise, really.

By the way, Lide Lu is a row of shop lots just outside Onelink Plaza, selling wholesale goods and the variety was abundance, LED lightings, plastics, tidbits, chinese herbs, machines, fake flowers and umbrellas. Too many and so colourful. Price wise, perhaps Lide Lu is slightly cheaper because Onelink Plaza is fully air-conditioned and more comfortable but still depends on your bargaining skills.

Anyway, as we walk down the street that morning, we realised Onelink Plaza wasn't open yet and everybody has just started opening their businesses. We went straight to the cathedral situated at the corner of Lide Lu. That cathedral reminded me of my bucket list to see the famous cathedral in New Zealand. Too bad New Zealand was shaken by earthquake in 2010 and Christchurch where the unique cathedral was situated, was closed and the cathedral was badly damaged #throwback

However, until today I regret not travelling far bit to take picture with a famous Mosque in Guangzhou because we don't know about it until a friendly air steward treated me so nice and asked if I went to the mosque. It hit me then that I should have check out the mosque. From there on, I told myself I must explore more about mosques in every place I go!

Back to the story, we went to Zhongda using MRT. Apparently Zhongda is really huge. Really huge. The malls are near to each other and the shoplots are countless. Needless to say China is a heaven for fabric lover. We were quite unlucky because the silk that we were looking for was not really easy to find. We for a start didn't know how a silk would look like. There were two types that we encountered here...




1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete