Friday 4 November 2011

Caving in Gua Tempurung and Water Rafting in Perak

Gua Tempurung or Tempurung Cave, in Perak.

My first nature adventure in a cave apart from Gua Kelam in Perlis but ya know, nothing there. 

I was trained under National Service, where we march and climb, 80% of our time. Then in my Matriculation days, the most memorable climb of all, the 7 ridiculous hills behind UiTM Sabah and we got lost. I was drained up to the point I quietly questioning my friends, weren't they exhausted? All poker face WTH. We climbed 90° cliff, where we had to push our friends up. If you fall by the side, you're gone.

With all these experiences I thought, caving is a piece of cake. 

Okay now, the story.

First, Durian was in the season! Slurrpppp!

Durian. Urghhhh I LOVE DURIAN!!!
The road to Gua Tempurung. We were in a lorry, cool breezes on our face! Nature greeted us well!
Ze Tempurung Cave!
From inside
Some lighting at the entrance
This is easy
Planned to show Stalactites to me brother, the T
Then the nightmare begun:

First thing I said, CRAZY!
In denial, I asked my friend, "Biar betul?". I couldn't believe it. It was pitch dark and we were in the front line, looking down, not expecting this at all. We saw nothing except where my torch pointing at. Total darkness and the slippery slope.

So I slowly sat and dragged my bum little by little. It was really slippery and I don't want to be out of control. One of my friends actually slides really fast till the end. OH MY GOD. 

The nightmare didn't end there.

It got a lot WORST!

I was already at the top, it was 70 degree angle, no rope! Just kind Malaysians pulling each other up
Scariest, the two tier steepest climb of all. It was 70 degree angle and if you fall, I don't know where you'll end. I hurt my knees from keeping my body from sliding down. I seriously believe, if I lost my grip, I would be a rolling ball, knocking everybody behind me. It was slippery, rocky and crazy all the same. I don't where to grip and pull my body up, it was insane because all I saw was darkness! I was glad when I made it to the top.

Finally, the river
and some eerie looking spiders. Reminded me of movies of ancient creatures in caves. Ewww
Now tell me how a person goes down this slope?

Anyway, it was fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment